London Food Tech Week Volunteers Wanted!
Tuesday 17th October
Are you a futurprenuer interested in the Food Tech space? Are you a student looking for fantastic work experience in the food industry? Or a new business owner wanting to seize the opportunity to meet other startups, investors and brands in the industry? Do you want the chance to meet the likes of the Global Head of Food at Airbnb, the Global programme Director at the World Resources Institute, the Environmental Chair at City Hall and so many more?
We’re excited to announce the news that YFood will be hosting their third annual London Food Tech Week from 30 Oct to 4 Nov, a festival on all things Food Tech, celebrating the rapidly growing Food Tech industry and the opportunities this exciting sector offers.
We’re looking for volunteers throughout the week so sign up now to be part of a jam-packed week of Food Tech inspiration. Discover topics and opportunities in health, wellness, sustainability and smart food cities, to the future of hospitality and opportunities in consumer experience and consumer engagement using technology. Meet hundreds of investors, startups and brands for a week of getting inspired by and celebrating the companies, trends and community driving the Future of Food.
What are we looking for?
- Volunteers who can commit to a minimum of three shifts (7.5 hours each) or more of our themed days during the week of Monday 30 October – Saturday 4 November
- Each day (Mon 30 Oct – Fri 3 Nov), there will be three shifts available (7.5 hours each) with breaks and plenty of time for fun.
- 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – 09:30 PM
- 6:30 PM – 12:30 AM
- Food Tech Village at Borough Market from Thursday 2 November to Saturday 4 November event times vary.
- Thu 2 Nov & Fri 3 Nov: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM, 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Sat 4 Nov: 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- We’re looking for enthusiastic, positive, organised and dynamic people
- Please fill out this form if you are interested in volunteering (It takes no more than 5 minutes to complete)
What are we offering you?
- If you work 3 or more shifts during the week you will receive a free London Food Tech Week Standard Passport, which will give you the ability to book into the events you really want to see throughout the week.
What are the volunteers going to be doing?
During London Food Tech Week (30 Oct – 4 Nov)
- Registering attendees at check-in at the start of each event
- Organizing and handing out name tags
- Helping with food and beverage vendor setup and breakdown
- Coat Check
- Signing people up to the YFood community (Borough Market) or to pre-rej for membership service/FTW2019 (main events)
- Taking photos at Borough Market that can be shared on social media and sending to the Senior Marketing Manager along with some text to explain the image
- Assisting attendees with FAQ’s (ie bathrooms, wifi passwords, etc)
- Helping with pre-event activities (ie setting up chairs, setting up signage)
- Transporting YFood collateral to venues nearby if needed
- Networking with attendees
- Maintaining a beautiful and clean event space
- Assisting with queues and keeping things orderly
- Helping out mixologist during drinks and networking events
- Passing around microphones during speaker Q&A’s
- Light clean up of meeting rooms and main venue post lunch
- Keeping speakers, moderators and hosts on stage hydrated
- Having fun!
What are the other benefits to volunteering at London Food Tech Week?
- Free access to high value and exclusive events featuring speakers from around the world who are disrupting and innovating the food ecosystem. Speakers include industry leading brands, serial entrepreneurs, think tanks and academics, investors, chefs and influencers. You can see our power lineup of speakers here and explore our events calendar here. *See more details below
- Fantastic networking opportunities with influential brands and thought leaders across the industry
- Experience in a fast moving Food Tech startup & the events industry in London
- Work experience – be able to add YFood to your CV
- Exceptional volunteers will receive a recommendation from YFood on Linkedin
- Potential to meet employers in the Food Tech industry
- Gain insight and learn about a fast moving industry that is growing in London and around the world and changing the landscape of the food industry
- Be part of the community driving Food Tech and help startups get the platform they need to change the Food System
- Get ideas and make connections to get your own Food Tech Business, career or journey off the ground
- The chance to have a mentoring session with the CEO and/or CMO after FTW for your business idea (For Volunteers that work 4 shifts or more during the week)
- Free YFood “The House of Food Tech” T-Shirt
- Have fun with our rockstar team – meet new friends!
If you are interested please fill out this form if you are interested in volunteering.
Subscribe to our mailing list for all the latest news from the Food Tech space. Never miss out on updates on our monthly Food Tech Wednesdays meetups and our next Food Tech Week.